A special Ministry Team Weekend program, focused on Calvary's El Salvador Mission, was held February 23/24, 2019. It featured El Salvador Mission team members participating during the weekend as greeters and scripture readers, as well as a Ministry Moment presentation during all three worship services. Ken Robinson (Calvary El Salvador Mission Director) and Lisselot Troconis (Director, People Helping People – El Salvador) updated the congregation on their efforts in El Salvador, and thanked the Calvary congregation for its generous support.
With the help of Calvary's support, the El Salvador Mission team has traveled to El Salvador 28 times over the last 18 years, blessing the people of El Salvador in various ways:
- Held 135 medical clinics.
- Built 69 playsets.
- Funded the drilling of 2 wells.
- Sponsored 3 Pack Away Hunger events, distributing the food in El Salvador.
- Built 1 house.
- Reached thousands of children with the message of Jesus through Bible stories, crafts, songs and hugs!
- Equipped teachers and students with school supplies.
- Distributed hygiene supplies, shoes and clothing.
Over the years, Calvary has crossed paths and worked with Lisselot Troconis on various projects. Drilling 2 wells to provide critical clean water for families, schools and communities. Building 10 playsets that bring families and communities together, and show love and care. Visits to the St. Vincent De Paul Orphanage, distributing basic supplies, holding VBS sessions, and sharing the love of Jesus.
Thank you Calvary for your generous support of 18 years of ministry in El Salvador.