Mission: To provide spiritual, social and educational support and activities for adults.
- Lunch OUT! – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Lunch & Learn – 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Community Outreach, Service Projects & Events
- Education and Fellowship Field Trips
- Intergenerational Events
- Provide educational opportunities of interest to adults nearing or in retirement
- Coordinate service opportunities
- Collaborate with school and congregational ministry teams to provide opportunities for intergenerational projects and activities
- Connect members, families & caregivers with resources for older adults
Great Volunteers Make a Difference!
Adult Ministry is blessed with so many volunteers who serve countless ways: Lunch & Learn and event set-up, greeters and registration hostesses, decorations, kitchen crew, servers, clean-up, music leader, linens laundering, transportation, funders and other resource providers, home visitations, skits performers, readers, entertainers, program speakers, devotion leaders, shepherds, small group leaders, bakers, service project coordinators, meal and donations deliveries, and staff assistance and ofﬁce support.
Project and Program Coordinators
- Lunch & Learn Meals
- Operation Christmas Child
- St. Thomas Collections
Volunteer or participation opportunities available to the congregation
- Lunch & Learn set-up, food prep, serving and clean-up
- Meal delivery to home-bound members after Lunch & Learn
- Operation Christmas Child gift procurement & packing day
- Advent Mug Packing with 2nd graders
- Bake/provide food, refreshments for group and congregational events
- Provide transportation to church services, medical and other appointments
- Serve as mentors or substitute grandparents for Calvary Lutheran School students