“Growing in love, loving by serving.” All conﬁrmed women and wives of communicant members are to serve the Lord with gladness at Calvary and throughout the world through activities and service with the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League. Working together the women serve God, learn more about Him and encourage loving friendships as sisters in Christ.
- Studying God’s Word. Women’s Bible study is held the ﬁrst Saturday of each month at 8:30 am in Calvary’s EPIC Library
- Growing friendships while serving side by side – LWR School kits
- Sewing/sowing support for Lutheran World Relief international refugee crisis and world missions with Quilt-a-thon and monthly quilters groups.
- Extravagant Sharing- collecting food pantry items for Lutheran Child and Family Services’ Sharing Place
- Raising support for mission projects through the annual November Holiday Bazaar
Major Mission Support:
In the past year, major mission support has gone to:
- Lutheran Military Veterans and Family Ministries
- Hope Center of Indy
- Calvary Hand Bell Refurbishment
- LWML Mites for Missions
- Connect women to and through God’s Word, missions, service and fellowship
- Provide women opportunities to serve the Lord through mission and service projects.
- Support congregational, local, and national mission projects through the annual holiday bazaar.
- Minister to the world with collection of mites for LWML missions.
- Network with women to build relationships and provide opportunities for spiritual and emotional growth and support.
Volunteer or participation opportunities:
- First Saturday Bible Study
- Holiday Bazaar
- Blankets for Babies (knitting/crocheting)
- Sewing quilts for international missions and surgery patients
- Conﬁrmation Prayer Angels
- Donating funds for missions with LWML mite collections
- Donating food and paper goods for “Extravagant Sharing” project at LCFS Sharing Place
- Prayer Chains
- Visitations of Senior Members