Calvary Lutheran Church and School have served Indianapolis’ Southside community for more than 60 years. We are nestled in a community setting on 15+ acres of land. Founded in 1950, our school’s originators sought to provide high quality, Christ-centered education for the children in our community. Today, we continue that mission and include an emphasis on incorporating families, teachers, and students to foster academic excellence, integrity, and compassion as our students develop into their full potential.
Calvary provides a caring environment, treating your child as our own, and offering a wide array of opportunities for growth both academically and spiritually. We offer classes from Preschool through Grade 8. We are also proud to offer a variety of athletics and extracurricular activities.
Calvary has earned “A” school grade from the Indiana Department of Education and is accredited by the NLSA (National Lutheran Schools Accreditation). Calvary is also approved as an "Indiana School of Choice".
Mission: God's love provides Calvary Lutheran School with a Christ-centered environment where parents, children, and teachers together foster academic excellence, integrity, and compassion in students as they develop to their fullest potential.
- Student led Chapel services
- Annual Bullying Prevention poster and essay contest
- Extracurricular Activities
- Annual 8th Grade trip (often to Washington D.C.)
- Enhance resource offerings
- Continue to maintain the NLSA accreditation; implement improvement plans.
- More intergenerational activities and events to be held throughout the school year
- Invite and involve students more fully in the worship life of the congregation
- Provide additional service opportunities for the students.
- Recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of Calvary Lutheran School alumni through the newly formed Alumni Committee
- Counseling services explored for students and families