To help and encourage others, seeking to identify care ministry needs of congregation and community; identifying, utilizing and coordinating talents and Spiritual gifts of the congregation to meet the needs of our fellow man; to maintain and administer an emergency assistance fund used for acts of mercy or gifts for those in need.
- Care Notes: Booklet and note to those who have lost loved ones
- Love Meals to Calvary members after surgery or new baby
- Funeral Meal after funeral service
- Bottles for Babies: Money collection for Life Centers
- College Care Packages: fall and spring semesters (Linda Bugher)
- Holidays: Thanksgiving food baskets, Christmas gift card distribution, Lutheran Child and Family Services Christmas party and gifts
- Produce Table: Money collected goes to Good Samaritan Fund
- School Supply Collection: Perry Township/El Salvador
- To encourage individual and congregational expressions of Christian love and concern.
- To serve community families in need by collecting and distribution donations to local food banks and various missions.
- To provide holiday assistance at Thanksgiving and Christmas to underserved families.
- To connect with and encourage college students of the congregation through care packages.
- To pursue programs and activities for contributions to Calvary’s Good Samaritan fund.
Volunteer or participation opportunities:
- Funeral and Love Meals
- Visiting Lutherwood
- Write Care Notes
- Volunteer at Life Centers
- Distribute Extra Funeral Flowers