The Calvary Youth Program seeks to provide opportunities for youth to engage their faith through relevant and meaningful events. We work to provide age-appropriate ministry to our church, school, and community. Our ultimate goal is to lead our youth into a deeper relationship with God and His people.
Check out our Youth Ministry Team video!
- Weekly FLIGHT (8th-12th) events with Bible study, small group discussion, and activities
- Bi-weekly LAUNCH (5th and 6th grade) and SAIL (7th and 8th) events with Bible study and activities
- Youth and Family Night at the Pacers game
- Junior high youth rally at Camp Lakeview
- Habitat for Humanity Chicago high school service trip
- Establish a meeting time for 5th – 8th grade youth that is friendly to both Calvary students as well as students outside of Calvary Lutheran School.
- Align group meeting times to create smoother transitions as youth move from one group to another.
- Expand outreach by creating a presence in our high schools through various volunteer opportunities
- Empower youth as leaders through the creation of a youth leadership team.
Volunteer or participation opportunities:
- Adult leaders for Bi-weekly LAUNCH (5th and 6th grade) events Help keep games and activities organized
- Adult leaders for Bi-weekly SAIL (7th and 8th grade) events Help keep games and activities organized
- Weekly FLIGHT (8th-12th) events Help keep games and activities organized Small group discussion leader
- Calvary Connect contemporary worship events: refreshments, welcomers, set-up and take-down
- Members to serve on the Youth Ministry Team